Saturday, June 5, 2021

Three (Stephen Michael King)

 


I love this story! It is about a 3-legged dog who sees everything through his lens: who as four legs, who has 2 legs and what they do best with what they have. Three is grateful and optimistic and inspiring. He sees the best in every situation and doesn't dwell on what he doesn't have.

The past four years have been rough for me. There's the pandemic and covid issues. That has made this school year a challenge in a way I could have never expected. In addition to that, my husband's health has been poor. He's had some major health issues. Because it has dragged on so long, people stop inquiring after a while. It's disappointing to see the people who I thought really cared have no clue about what is going on because they simply seem to not care. It seems like they don't care because they don't inquire, stop by, check in, etc. I try to not complain and don't talk about the challenges a lot - so that doesn't help them to know. Complaining and whining doesn't change things though. I try to always look on the bright side, even with dull grey skies. I have been saddened by people who make assumptions about why we don't attend some events. It isn't something I can change. It simply tells me something about who I can count on and who I cannot. Luckily, I have a number of people in my life who do inquire and do care and have been a great help to us.

This is a great book! It has a good philosophy to live by.


Goodreads says:

No comments:

Post a Comment