Sunday, June 27, 2021

Murder On My Mind: A Memoir of Menopause (Dana Goldstein)

 

Even though this book is hilarious, I felt a little sad as I read this book to think of all the hard things women go through.. Her feelings of rage and fear and everything else are so real. A couple years ago someone told me about a doctor that does Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy. I took the bait and went to him and the BHRT has made all the difference. No more rage. No more fear. No more tears. It changed everything! I'm so sorry that more women don't know about this. 


I saw many of my friends in her stories. 

The book was well written. I'd read it again.

Just like some mother's hold parties for their daughters when they have their first period, this is a book women should give other women around age 40! Menopause is something that just doesn't get talked about enough.


Goodreads says:

Menopause. Every woman walks through this lava pit of hormones, remorse and chicken wing cravings, yet few of us are offered a warning about the perils, let alone a survival guide. Following the success of The Girl in the Gold Bikini, author Dana Goldstein is throwing back the curtain on the most challenging years of a woman's life. Holding nothing back, the author brings her unique sense of humour to her menopausal journey, sharing stories of hair growing where it shouldn't, erotic dreams that leave her shaken for days and her struggle to stop herself from killing her beloved husband.
Murder on My Mind will make you laugh out while while making you feel better about the chaos of your own menopausal journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment