Monday, December 28, 2020

The One and Only Bob (Katherine Applegate)

 


Because I love The One and Only Ivan, I've wanted to read The One and Only Bob for a while. I read The One and Only Ivan every year with my grade 3 students one way or another: either as a read aloud or in grade 3 book club. The One and Only Bob came up for me as a Skip-the-line loan with the audio book so I jumped at it. I am ordering the book now! I think it will be our first for our adult Children's Lit club. 

Katherine Applegate is an author I'd love to meet. I wonder if she'd consider zooming into our book club? Hmmm....never hurts to ask! 

The story is told from Bob's perspective and the reader was Danny Devito. I listened to it while walking my dog and it made me smile the entire time. Entire time! It was pure genius. I loved hearing about life from Bob's perspective. Bob and friends get caught up in a hurricane. The story reminded me very much of the flood we had in Calgary because the zoo was right in the middle of the flood. What an experience!

The audio book was voted as one of the best of 2020!



Goodreads says:

Bob sets out on a dangerous journey in search of his long-lost sister with the help of his two best friends, Ivan and Ruby. As a hurricane approaches and time is running out, Bob finds courage he never knew he had and learns the true meaning of friendship and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment