Friday, April 2, 2021

The Body (Bill Bryson)


Bill Bryson is a very thorough author!! He did it again with this one. This book is not one to be rushed through. It made me wish I was a biology teacher. Having all these stories to share would make class so much more interesting! If only I could keep all the great stories and facts in my brain! Well, according to him my brain is able to....but alas, my recall is lacking. Oh dear!

It's a great read. I really should buy it and keep it around as a reference book. It's too bad it was written before the covid-19 pandemic. That would have made an interesting addition to the chapter about diseases. 

I totally recommend this one. It would be a fun one to read with someone else as well!

Goodreads says:

In the bestselling, prize-winning A Short History of Nearly Everything, Bill Bryson achieved the seemingly impossible by making the science of our world both understandable and entertaining to millions of people around the globe.

Now he turns his attention inwards to explore the human body, how it functions and its remarkable ability to heal itself. Full of extraordinary facts and astonishing stories, The Body: A Guide for Occupants is a brilliant, often very funny attempt to understand the miracle of our physical and neurological make up.

A wonderful successor to A Short History of Nearly Everything, this book will have you marvelling at the form you occupy, and celebrating the genius of your existence, time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment