Sunday, June 30, 2013

Nokum is my Teacher (David Bouchard)

I love David Bouchard. I have listened to him speak a few times and love his passion for books and reading. He is native and writes books in French, English and Cree. He might have some other languages too. I just have a hard time keeping track of them.

Cover Art for Nokum is my teacher

This book has a CD. I loved listening to David Bouchard read it. The voice of his Nokum (grandmother) was a little odd to me - but then again, quite a typical native style. He is talking to his grandmother about why he should go to school and learn to read since she did not and is perfectly happy. She guides him to finding his own answer.

The paintings in this book are beautiful. The words are beautiful. There is so much to  this book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment