Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Runaway King (Jennifer Nielsen)

RunawayKing_LG

I'm not even sure what to say about this book, except, it's great!

The Runaway King is the second in The Ascendance Trilogy. The first book, The False Prince, was terrific as well. It's always nice when there's a series where the second book is even better than the first. I sure wish the 3rd book was going to out before March 2014!

I've really enjoyed these books. The author is great at twists that keep you surprised and wondering about what will happen next. It's one of those books that you need to read in one sitting - although I painfully stretched it out over a few weeks. A number of my students have been reading it at the same time and it's been fun to compare notes and make predictions with them.

In this book Jaron (or Sage, as he was formerly called) is King. I think I always will prefer to call him Sage. He's more like a king that is one of the people when you think of him as Sage. He  has to battle those wanting to remove him from the throne. Jaron/Sage is witty, quick, daring and kind. I really liked him as the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment