Friday, June 17, 2016

Crystal the Snow Fairy (Daisy Meadows)

I read this during DEAR time so I could do a book-talk with my students and use it for a Reading Response.

I see a lot of girls reading these Daisy Meadows book. Who the heck is Daisy Meadows anyway?? I might need to read a few more before I gain a great appreciation for them.

These kinds of books totally wreck my lessons on fiction versus non-fiction. Many of the kids are pretty sure that fairies really are real.


This book reminded me of a book I read a long time ago. It was a true story about two little girls in England who took pictures of paper fairies, but made them look real. They fooled people and soon all sorts of people started believing they had really captured pictures of fairies. They even fooled Sir Arthur Conan Doyle!  It was called the Fairy Ring by Mary Losure. There could also be a good discussion about global warming after reading it! :)


The Weather Fairies have lost their magical feathers! Rachel and Kirsty search for one in each Weather Fairies book. Read all seven books to help bring the weather back to Fairyland! 
Fairyland is home to the seven Weather Fairies! They use magical feathers to bring all of the weather to Fairyland. But when the feathers disappear, the weather turns wacky. The Weather Fairies must fix it -- fast! 
In this book, Crystal the Snow Fairy has lost her magic feather. Now it's snowing in summer! 
Find one feather in each book and fix the weather in Fairyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment