Monday, September 21, 2015

Lunch Lady and the Picture Day Peril (Jarrett J Krosoczka)

Every week I hope to introduce a new author or series of books to my class since I have a number of kids who don't love reading yet. This week it is Lunch Lady to the rescue!! These books might be targeted to a slightly older crowd than Grade three, but I don't think it will matter. I know they'll love this series.

This is a hilarious story. A seemingly lovely photographer comes to the school for picture day - while at the same time everyone's face is breaking out like crazy. Lunch Lady has a funny feeling something is going on and looks into the matter. I had a good chuckle all the way through this book.

Goodread summary:

It's picture day at Thompson Brook, but the students are plagued by a freak acne epidemic. While the Breakfast Bunch scrambles to put their best faces forward, their hifalutin photographer raises Lunch Lady's eyebrows. She suspects the photographer may have an underhanded plan to break into the world of high fashion that puts the students in danger! Will Lunch Lady be able to storm the runway and stop the vogue rogue without blowing her cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment