Saturday, January 6, 2018

Just So Stories (Rudyard Kipling)

34053
So this is where all those tales came from that I have heard. I remember hearing many of these stories, but they were lost to me. So glad to have found them again. The words are beautiful - poetic and magical. I found myself wanting to write down phrases and lines from the book. I loved that it is a man and his daughter in many of the stories.

I especially liked one person's review on Goodreads:

...my personal favorite was about Elephant's Child. Sometimes 'satiable curiosity doesn't kill you; it gets you a very practical appendage with which you can spank your bossy Relatives and hove them into a wasp's nest. And let's face it, O Best Beloved, we've all had that impulse.

Goodreads says:

Twelve stories about animals, insects, and other subjects include How the Camel Got His Hump. The Butterfly That Stamped, and How the Alphabet Was Made..


No comments:

Post a Comment