Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Teeny-Tiny Woman (Paul Galdone)

One of the boys in my class is really into scary stories, so  I was searching for more books he could read after finishing Haunted Canada. This one came up. I loved this book as a child! I really remember it well. I would laugh and laugh and how the teeny-tiny woman shouted at the voice, "Well take it!" when he kept badgering her about the bone she had taken.

Now I know it's something that was definitely better in my memories. What is it with kids these days?? When I finished it they stared blankly at me and said, "I don't get it."

Truthfully, I didn't either.

Maybe it'd be better at Halloween time. :)

....Next time I should review other people's reviews on Goodreads though. Good comments here!


Goodreads summary:

A droll rendition of the old English ghost story about the teeny-tiny woman who found a teeny-tiny bone in the teeny-tiny churchyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment