Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (Kate DiCamillo)


I just finished reading The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane again. I have read it and reviewed it before. I will just say today that I LOVE this book.

Tonight, as I finished it, I got goosebumps all down my back and on my legs. I don't think a book has ever done that to me before.

I LOVE this book.

May2022: Read aloud. Still love this book!

Read aloud. This story really grabs kids....and adults. We have talked about sign posts all year so we made a poster with the six sign posts and wrote things down as we went. This book really lends itself well to that approach (Notice and Note by Kyleen Beers and Robert Probst). It was a wonderful experience reading it together. And of course, I cried. 



I finally realized the cover is from the last chapters of the book. 

There are a lot of connections to religion on this story. I've written about it before here. I found some more this time:

p. 7 condescension
p. 56 A fisherman saves him and he sees a great light
ch. 9 A new name and new clothes
ch 22red suit when he dies/goes back home
Lucius - repairer/God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment