Friday, December 21, 2012

Finders Keepers (Andrea Spalding)

Finders Keepers 

This is kind of a good news, bad news story.
Good news: the kid's in book club chose Inkheart for this past month!
Bad news: it was too overwhelming for some, and some kids got too scared reading it
Good news: I found a great new book, and it came with great reviews from my son!
Bad news: I was later informed that the Gr. 4's use this book as a novel study (No wonder we had so many in our library
Good news: Hardly any of the Gr. 3's that I ended up getting this book for have read any of it (or is that bad news??)

I don't know. At least I enjoyed a good read!

The story is set in Alberta. Fort Macleod, as a matter of fact. I remember, as a kid, reading stories set in place I lived and being so thrilled by it. I still feel that way! It is kind of cool!

There are a lot of neat threads woven through the story. Learning disabilities, history and cool artifacts, relationships with white people and First Nations, and, did I mention, it is cool to read a book set in a place I know so well?

Definitely a book worth reading! It isn't too long either. I think it would make great read aloud.

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog, will visit often, thanks for the quick review of each book!

    Christina
    http://brownsyard.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete