Monday, February 15, 2021

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

 It took me a long time to finish Akin, my book club book, but I finally did! I'm happy to dig into the pile of books I have out from the library right now. About a month ago I was thinking maybe I should quit reading so many books at one time - and for about a week I stuck to that commitment. However, there are books for different times and different places. I have given up on the idea of reading just one book at a time.


This week, these are my first focus:


This is the professional development book I'm reading right now. Don't ask me about the rat analogy. I haven't got to that explanation yet.

Just like when I read The Wild Robot on my own, my students insisted we read The Wild Robot Escapes. I really didn't want to read another one aloud, but there was no talking them out of it - not that I tried that hard. It's pretty hard to read The Wild Robot and not move on to the next book. We have to find out what happened to Roz!
This is the book I'm reading for my Children's Lit book club, the book club that brings me so much joy!


This is the book I'm reading during DEAR time. I've moved through it slowly because I have sometimes been pulled in different directions during DEAR time. It's important to me to be reading when my students are reading though, so I am recommitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment