Sunday, October 8, 2017

Fantastic Mr. Fox (Roald Dahl)

Fantastic Mr. Fox


Makes me chuckle every time. Foxes are awesome! The old farmers in this story are particularly nasty. Totally up to Roald Dahl's standards! :)



“I think I have this thing where everybody has to think I'm the greatest.And if they aren't completely knocked out and dazzled and slightly intimidated by me, I don't feel good about myself.”

“I therefore invite you all," Mr Fox went on, 'to stay here with me for ever.'
For ever!' they cried. 'My goodness! How marvellous!' And Rabbit said to Mrs Rabbit, 'My dear, just think! We're never going to be shot again in our lives!'
We will make,' said Mr Fox, 'a little underground village, with streets and houses on each side - seperate houses for Badgers and Moles and Rabbits and Weasels and Foxes. And every day I will go shopping for you all. And every day we will eat like kings.'
The cheering that followed this speech went on for many minutes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment