Monday, October 5, 2015

Sneezenesia (Deb Lucke)


I chose this book because I have a cold. Also, when I read, my dog likes to lie on me, but if I sneeze, he runs away - no matter how hard I try to make it a little sneeze. Maybe I just don't have little sneezes.

My class was rather mesmerized by this book. It's hilarious and so easy to imagine all those things falling out of your brain, especially with some of the sneezes we hear around here!

Our favorite part was at the end when his mom wipes the long green thing from his nose - which is actually a dinosaur!

Achooooo!


Once there was a boy who sneezed so hard, he forgot his own name. Then he sneezed again, and he forgot where he was, and who his mom was, and a whole bunch of other important stuff. Pretty soon he’d sneezed out everything he learned the entire year. ACHOO! . . . and spelling, math, and all the U.S. presidents came flying out of his nose. And things just got worse from there. . . .
     Humorous, understated text and outrageous, vividly colored illustrations tell how the boy gets everything he’s forgotten back into his head where it belongs, making for a tale that is truly sneezesational.



No comments:

Post a Comment