Monday, April 6, 2015

And Then it's Spring (Julie Fogliano)

Where I live, we seem to wait a long time for Spring. This book does a great job of telling the story of the long wait for spring.

I loved Donalyn Miller's review:

A boy and his dog patiently wait for spring. Beautiful interplay between the simple text and detailed illustrations. I would like my favorite line on my classroom door, "Please do not stomp here-- there are seeds and they are trying."


Goodreads summary:



Following a snow-filled winter, a young boy and his dog decide that they've had enough of all that brown and resolve to plant a garden. They dig, they plant, they play, they wait . . . and wait . . . until at last, the brown becomes a more hopeful shade of brown, a sign that spring may finally be on its way.

Julie Fogliano's tender story of anticipation is brought to life by the distinctive illustrations Erin E. Stead, recipient of the 2011 Caldecott Medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment