Friday, November 22, 2013

The Little Mermaid (Hans Christian Andersen and Lisbeth Zwerger)

132391

I've never read the original version of The Little Mermaid. Having been indoctrinated by Disney, I was surprised at how it ends. This book is a translation from Danish. I'm looking forward to sharing it with my class prior to going and seeing our high school put on a play. We will talk about how people tell stories in different ways and change details. Later we will read Battle Bunny and perhaps make our own version of a different story.




Surprisingly, most of the kids in my class have not seen the movie of The Little Mermaid. I sang some of the songs and they all looked at me like I was off my rocker. Kids these days!!

I wondered why the text is in different colors in random places. I couldn't find anything in the book to answer that question.



No comments:

Post a Comment