Saturday, August 25, 2012

Penelope Popper Book Doctor (Toni Buzzeo)


Penelope Popper really wants to be a doctor, but no one will take the time to let her practice her skills. Everyone is too busy for having their heart rate checked all the time, or their blood pressure. Penelope gets discouraged, until she is in the library one day and learns that there are many kinds of doctors!

This book might be a great way to start of the school year. I was thinking I might have to do a little book rant about reading...although I'm not sure if I have it in me to be quite as exuberant as Mr. Sharp. However, this might be a good lead in! This book teaches about how to treat books, how to repair them, and how valuable they are. Hmmm....might just be the right start to a rant!

And just in case you're interested, here's my rant inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment