Friday, November 18, 2022

Stay Out Of The Basement (R.L. Stine)

 

I like to read a book from a series to introduce my students to it....and once I started reading this one I saw them reading all sorts of Goosebumps books in the classroom. I have to say though, it was pretty scary!! I'm not entirely sure it's okay for 8 year olds! I decided to read it at Halloween time because it would be a quick read and maybe kind of fun. Sheesh! One girl told me that when she gets scared her teeth hurt - and they hurt a lot during this book! 

Goodreads says:


Dr. Brewer is doing a little plant-testing in his basement. Nothing to worry about. Harmless, really.

But Margaret and Casey Brewer are worried about their father. Especially when they... meet... some of the plants he is growing down there.

Then they notice that their father is developing plantlike tendencies. In fact, he is becoming distinctly weedy- and seedy. Is it just part of their father's 'harmless' experiment? Or has the basement turned into another little shop of horrors?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment