Monday, October 24, 2022

One More Mountain (Debra Ellis)

 

I loved the Breadwinner series and so I was very excited to hear that Debra Ellis had written an additional book in the series....30 years later when the Taliban return to Afghanistan. 

I should have re-read The Breadwinner series again though because I found myself grappling to remember all the characters.


Despite that, I loved this book. 


This summary was written by another reader on Goodreads (Ivonne ):

Parvana oversees a safe house in Afghanistan when the Taliban once again take over the country. Parvana is supported by her husband, Asif, and her best friend, policewoman Shauzia. The three of them met as children 20 years ago when the Taliban triumphed the first time, and they scramble to fly Parvana’s sister and her 11-year-old son Rafi out of the country and to relocate the young girls from the safe house to a safer part of the country. Nothing goes as planned, and the shocking twists will keep you turning pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment