Monday, September 2, 2019

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

I'm having that dilemma. My book club book is due and there are 10 holds on it. Do I keep it and just pay the fines, or return it and hope I get it again before book club?? Argh! Stay tuned! My book club book I'm reading this week Kindred by Octavia Butler:

I've only read the first chapter, but I'm hooked. It seems like a great one! There's time travel involved, it seems. Not sure if I'd call it science fiction or historical fiction. Time will tell!

Also, one of my students gave me The Land of Stories to read and I'm finally deep into it. I'm loving it!


I also got this book from an inter-library loan. I learned about The Great Brain series and thought it might be fun to do as a family book club. I'm reading this one to find out if it would work well for something like that. I don't know if you have to read the first one to enjoy the rest. I could only find it at the library in Hill Spring, AB so my great librarian friends got it for me from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment