Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)


It is hard to even know where to start with this book. It is a book I would have never read, if it weren't a book club pick. I drug myself through the first 300 pages, grumbling to myself that no book should be given a 300 page grace before it becomes interesting.

That being said, there is something about this book, now that I am finished, that makes me think it is a book that I need to read a few more times because I am pretty sure there is more to it than I gathered from my first read.

I was bothered by the ignorant evangelical seal of Nathan Price and even his family. While they didn't feel a need to shout their beliefs at people like Nathan did, they did portray the idea that they were superior because of their beliefs and background. I really don't like it when people think their way is the only way and that they have any kind of right to walk into someone's life (or country) and expect it to change for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment